Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My Very Own Style | Tin Iglesias

Clothing Personality & Philosophy


I always have a hard time describing my clothing personality or style because it is frequently varying. I would say it is the expression of everything around me and everything that I love. I am actually motivated by everything that touches me, whether it is a painting, a song, or an outfit from the runway. It really depends on my mood and what influences me at the particular moment. I guess the entire basis for my style would be what I think is aesthetically pleasing and uncomplicated to work with; it comes from my innate yearning to be artistic and exceptional with what I wear. I have so much fun experimenting and playing with different looks and styles; and for that reason, eclectic would best define my clothing personality.









Photos from my Chictopia and Lookbook accounts / Shameless plug *Toink*

On a completely related note, my clothing philosophy would be The genuinely fashionable is outside the limits of fashion. Dare to defy! If I want to look exceptionally good, it has to be tempered with eccentricity so that it incorporates my own personality. I think I am pretty open to other styles in general - I wear what I feel like wearing without compromising humility, comfort and self-confidence. I believe that dressing up is great, but I need a twist. Let's just say that I am without barriers; I could dare to wear anything at whichever time I please. :)


ECLECTIC
One word to describe my style.

(This is the first page of my croquis book. I used watercolor, acrylic, poster, felt-tip pens and cut-outs from magazines.)


Oh and I am in fact having all sorts of fashion realizations lately. Fashion is not exclusive to celebrities, models and those who can manage to pay for the latest designer clothes. Creating a personal style is one way to develop an image that you want to emanate to the people around you. I suppose creating a personal style is a work in development. It does not come without human intervention; it is a progression of experimenting on diverse genres. Methinks even fashion icons may have had to go through numerous criticisms before they determined what looked preeminent on them. Truckloads of thank you to Ms. Kitty for incessantly helping me discover my clothing personality!

♥ Tin Iglesias

No comments:

Post a Comment