Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My Favorite Fashion Designer | Tin Iglesias

Well, designers, in my case.

I personally adore Balmain's Christophe Decarnin for his sense of enthusiasm and boldness that is the soul, the quintessence of rock and roll. Balenciaga's Nicolas Ghesquiere, for his innovative taste for clothing. Avant-garde designer Ann Demeulemeester, for her cutting-edge fashion fused with being wearable. Alexander Wang, for his flair to mix opulence with edge. Olivier Theyskens, former art director of fashion house Nina Ricci, for his incredible combinations of formal and informal, tough and tender likewise. Red Label, Gold Label, Man and Anglomania's Vivienne Westwood, for her ability to create a wonderful look out of something relatively un-sexy; her designs are some of the most imaginative and novel pieces that never date. Martin Margiela, for his expertise in deconstruction and reconstruction of garments. Jeremy Scott for his inimitable and eclectic style, as well as his fearless and zestful designs. His collaborations with clothing brands have been tremendous! Marc Jacobs for his clever revamps of vintage styles; his implausible own line and Louis Vuitton. Yves Saint Laurent's Stefano Pilati, for making the brand live on superbly; whose brilliant eye's specifically tuned to the future. Japanese designers like Yohji Yamamoto and Rei Kawakubo are also spectacular. I have a penchant for the mix-match of different styles and genres of the Japanese.

Balmain, Balenciaga, Ann Demeulemeester, Alexander Wang, Nina Ricci

Vivienne Westwood, Martin Margiela, Jeremy Scott, Louis Vuitton, YSL

For the pinnacle of my post, my much-loved designer would be...


Karl Lagerfeld! I admire him because of his astounding ability to produce such vast array of designs and structures, concepts and grandeur year upon year. There is little in our world that Mr. Lagerfeld hasn't touched, inspired, or done himself. In my opinion, he is a guru of designs, a messiah of fashion, and a man of fundamental style. He inspires me, as do all of Chanel and his photographs; it is every aspect of his life that I find utterly overwhelming. Someday, I'll be like him (I'll keep my fingers crossed). :)


I love my Starbucks planner because it gives me a place to sketch my faves: YSL tribute boots and Karl Lagerfeld

Locally, it would have to be Louis Claparols, John Paras, Kermit Tesoro, Dimple Lim, Mich Dulce, Dax Bayani, Anna Leah Salvador and the list just goes on. Filipino style, I suppose, has progressed significantly in the last decade. I think that it is in accordance with the international standards.

Ms. Kitty, would you believe I have a lot more to cite? Sadly, this space wouldn't be enough to list all the fabulous designers I have high regard for, both local and international (I don't want to consume your time moreover). In fact, I had a tough time choosing my top designers. Hahaha. THIS IS BY FAR MY FAVORITE TOPIC! I LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment