Thursday, July 9, 2009

Fashion Cycle.... Josie Lim

I don’t usually follow fashion trends. I’m someone who wakes up and just chooses whatever she wants to wear, whether it’s “in” or not. Experimenting, mixing and matching are part of my game. On the boring-est days, I just put on pants or shorts, then a comfy T-shirt and flip-flops – I’m good to go! Sometimes I follow the trends without knowing. I look around me and gosh, we have the same shirt design, and ask, is that actually in season? Haha.

But sometimes, I follow the trends on purpose – like not wearing my favorite bell-bottomed jeans since my dad commented it’s so yesterday… so I jumped into skinny jeans. But by that time, everyone’s already wearing it, I’m not, so yeah, I’m kind of late. The trend didn’t die down yet though.

I am definitely not an easy fashion adaptor. I am also too un-influential to be a fashion innovator, at least, for now, despite my carefree ways in fashion.

I believe sometimes I do influence people. For example, last January, I got my hair chopped off and got full bangs, since I really wanted to have them. They’re pretty popular already, in a way I was influenced by the trendsetters of the hairstyle. After I got my haircut, two of my flatmates and my sister also got full bangs for themselves. So perhaps this shows I’m a fashion motivator / adaptor in my dreaming-to-be-innovator-someday position. =)

I love CT 11 for enlightening me to a lot of things. Thank you Ms. Kitty, and thanks a lot too, groupmates!

No comments:

Post a Comment