Monday, July 13, 2009

Andeng Belludo 07.10.09






A lot of fashion designers appeal to me but only two were listed in my list of favorite fashion designers. The Whiz Kid Alexander Wang inspires me because his creations are casually cool-downtown style, drawing inspiration from the 80’s, French chic and rock grunge—always finished with slouchy rolled-out-of-bed edge . I liked his idea of bringing something back that was missing in the industry; cashmere basics, the impeccable leather motorcycle jacket and that little black dress because he was able to connect very well with his punters.



The American Zac Posen will be my all-time favourite because he never fails to astound people, especially me. An amazing thing about Posen is that he sticks with his trademarks, regardless of where the winds of trend blow. He earned respect for his streamlined aesthetic of thirties and forties-inflected tailoring with an old school flourish at the sleeve and shoulder and a Missoni-esque love of histrionic pattern and mermaid-esque gowns. Most of all I am always impressed with Posen’s ability to raise to the occasion. There has not been a faux pas yet, which is rare in major design career. Given the chance, I would like to intern with these two favorite designers of mine. And I also strongly believe that someday, I would be just like them.






No comments:

Post a Comment