Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fashion Cycle | Tin Iglesias

I like to think that I am part of the early adapters in the fashion cycle. I am adventuresome with fashion, I live and breathe fashion on a daily basis; I mull over fashion as a self-expression, an outlet for creativity and central to my personality. I am an accessorizing style-lover, who doesn't just keep up with fashion, but pushes its confines. I am appreciative of what's driving the early market or haute couture today; it essentially helps me predict what tomorrow's next big thing will be.

In line with my passion for fashion, I love love love dressing up! But more often, because I live in a tropical country, I dress casually. People at times ask me why I am dressed up, it actually makes me self-consciously speculate if I am over-dressed; but I always take it as a compliment. Instead of saying I always dress like this, which I believe could sound rather discourteous; I usually say, just because and smile like I am up to something, unless I do have a definite reason, in which case I generally do not mind giving it. I was also featured in a couple of fashion and style websites. Honestly, it feels great and boosts my self-esteem, which I think is good.

However, I regard myself part of the bigger chunk of the market, fashion followers, too. I am also the type of person who converts trends into big hits. I am bound to other concerns as well - effort, time, budget, and whatnot; nevertheless I surely want to look good at all times. Although this doesn't mean that I have to follow every complex procedure or burn a hole in my wallet. Yes, I value the significance of fairly expensive and new products but also love the satisfaction of unearthing good and reasonably priced finds in stores.

I dress what makes me feel good and what makes me feel myself, no matter what. This is what I have been primarily learning from Ms. Kitty and CT lectures. Whatever sort of glamorous fun I am off to, I should show personal style through my clothing. Whether I am a fashion motivator or a fashion adapter, I guess it doesn't really matter as long as I emanate individuality.

♥ Tin Iglesias

No comments:

Post a Comment