Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My Favorite Fashion Designer| Rj Santos



I am so excited for this one! This is by far the most exciting post Miss Kitty made us do. Anyway, I really have so many designers in mind and I found it difficult to really choose one because I personally don't like 'levelling'. Hahaha. I really never came to that point wherein I analyze and really choose one person until today. But, I have to do what I have to do Hahahaha. It's actually surprisingly fun narrowing and choosing a favorite. Ok, anyway, so, after the long deliberation, I ended up choosing.....
Hedi Slimane!!! haha yeah, the 'runner-ups' include Marc Jacobs, John Galliano, Yohji Yamamoto, DSquared, Alexander McQueen, The D and the G(haha you know...), Raf Simmons, Christian Audigier, Paul Smith, Giorgio Armani, the designer of Topman(Kim Jones), Lanvin and ACNE!!, Ann Demeulemeester, Ivarluski Aseron, Leslie Mobo, Oliver Tolentino.
I chose Hedi Slimane as my favorite designer because his designs really intrigue me. They astonish me in a way that it motivates me to keep exploring and experimenting. I also adore the fact that aside from being a great designer, he isa also a photographer which is definitely a plus. It's actually the tie-breaker haha cause I was choosing between Galianno and him. For me, the design itself is not enough, how you present it is also really important and one way of presenting it is by photography. I really like his style in photography also! I am a sucker for black and white simple photography, so yeah.
I like and applaud his designs which are very wearable yet innovative. I love it that his designs are somehow ispired by the British Punk Act, it's so exciting! I like it that he keeps it simple even if some of his designs are very uhmmm... loud? He also has good taste in music cause he collaborated with Daft Punk which is my favorite! :-))
Hedi Slimane is authentic. He is not the kind of deisigner who is conscious or in the lookout with the trend. He creates and starts the trend. Hedi creates a statement everytime he does something. He is 'his own client'. One thing about him that makes me very interested about him is because he is post-modern.
Miss Kitty, I have to say that I am enjoying our subject sooo much! :-) Thank you!

- Rj Santos

5 comments:

  1. Rj! Hedi Slimane <333 He's a great photog too! I love his vision in terms of clothing, imagery and beauty! I also posted a comment on Ha Na's fave designer. I agree this topic's very thrilling! By far my fave topic. Rj go to my blog, check out the video of Martin Solveig & Dragonette for Gaultier's Ma Dame fragrance! You'll love it :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nagulat ako sayo Tin. Hahaha. Sige wait what blog? Medyo marami kang blog. :-))We love Hedi!! Gawa tayo statement shirt!! :-)) Hedi, I'm ready. AHAHA corny :-| :-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hedi, I'm ready? CORNY MO. Hahaha. Yung blog ko talaga! Yung Tumblr. Yung sa TiC, nagcocontribute lang ako ng mga posts dun :)

    Ang dami nating fave designers! HAHAHA. Hi Ms. Kitty, sorry ang dami :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! Sobra, hindi tayp marunong magfollow ng instructions. :-)) Sorry.. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. very interesting designs, thanks for the post and sharing

    great post..

    ReplyDelete