Monday, July 6, 2009

Fashion Cycle| Rj Santos


I honestly still don't know where I stand in the cycle. I feel like I am an innovator because I want to create new looks instead of just following what's 'hip'. As I've said in our past meetings in our CT11 class, I get inspiration from things that are opposite to my style, so that I can innovate and create new things. Having said these things, I don't know if I can call myself the innovator yet because I haven't really influenced a great number of people yet, having known that the fashion innovator should be able to 'trickle down' his style to the masses. Therefore, I think that I'm also a part of the 'masses' where innovators can also get ideas from, following the 'trickle up' theory.

I am the kind of person who'd play with things, rather than just using something the way it should be used, or something like that. :-)) Like in my paintings, I usually distort it or add something to it that would make it look odd or something. I like adding mystery to my works, I like the feeling of 'bitin' that I get when I look at someone's work also. I really don't like following trends because it does not always fit my style.

I really think that I'm more of the 'innovator' rather than the follower because of the fact that I don't get my style from the latest trends, which what followers usually do. Usually ha. :-))

As for the lecture about this, I'm really glad that I'm learning things like this in our CT11 subject. I've learned that clothing is also a psychological thing. I always enjoy discussing these matters. :-)

-Rj Santos

No comments:

Post a Comment