Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Clothing Personality and Philosophy| Rj Santos


Ok so we had this discussion in CT11 about the way people dress and how clothes can show one's personality. I honestly had fun and learned so many things about it. I like Miss Kitty's style of teaching, not boring. She has her ways to keep us interested.
So last Tuesday we were told to wear a white top. We were then asked to explain why we chose that particular white shirt. It was cool hearing from my classmates. I honestly chose to wear my white shirt because the one I was planning to wear was missing and my sister kept on rushing me cause she was already late. Hehehe. Anyway, so a part of our homework is to explain our clothing personality. Here are a few pictures of what you can find in my closet:







So yeah, my clothes don't really belong to one 'category'. I really like to be open when it comes to fashion. I don't restrict myself. I enjoy mixing clothes up and coming up with one outfit that's unique. I think my clothing personality is playful...? You think so too? Haha.
I get easily bored with one particular style so I always look for fresh stuff I can add to my 'collection'(?) Hahaha. I don't usually take note of the latest trends or the 'what's in' clothes cause I really don't like it when I'm 'following the flow'. I dunno, I just want to have my own and create my own flow even if no one wants to follow it. :-)) Atleast I'm happy, that's what's important.
My inspirations, believe it or not, are the things that are not my style... Uhmm, the complete opposite of what I want. That's where I get my inspiration. I try to alter them in a way that it could fit my style. I 'revolutionize' or morph it into my style. This is because I want something authentic, something that's me, and to be able to achieve that, I believe I have to go beyond my comfort zone...or comfort style, perhaps.

Ok, as for my clothing philosphy, I would say that my philosophy would have to be:

" Do your scene, don't mind if it's obscene"
Hahaha It means to do your own thing regardless of what people might think about you. I used the word obscene to symbolize something that's out of the norm. I came up with this statement because I believe that for you to fully express yourself, in clothing or in any aspect, you should first have your own scene, or you should have your own 'thing'. Having your own 'thing' can push you into really expressing yourself and letting go of your inhibitions. I believe that the one thing that restricts people to do this is inhibition. It's really hard to just be there, out and about, but if you believe in yourself and let go of everything negative, then I think you'd find no problem expressing your true self through clothes or whatever.


- Rj Santos, a wannabe jollibee :-|

No comments:

Post a Comment