Thursday, July 2, 2009

It’s better to be a trendsetter than a follower- experiment! - JOSIE LIM.


My full wardrobe is located at home in Iloilo, and due to such I am limited to checking the wardrobe I have here in Quezon City.

So now, when I opened my cabinet…. Taran! I am very obsessive-compulsive when it comes to my closet. I want everything organized, so I have lots of clothing organizers and I make sure that every piece of clothing is folded or hanged well.

Too bad I don’t have my digital camera with me right now, so I can’t show the pictures… Boo hoo.

My wardrobe contains mostly retro, vintage and classic outfits. I have a thing for dresses and skirts – a symbol of my kikay-ness. And adding to my love for retro stuff are colorful clothes. The range of my clothing color is highly varied; there is no concentration on one color alone. I love being colorful and combining/mixing them; whether monochromatic, analogous or complementary. I don’t have a particular favorite color, but I dislike brown – you’ll never find it in my wardrobe. I’m lucky to have a skin color wherein bright clothes like neon pink or dark colors like royal violet will look good on me. Haha.

Most of my dresses are printed and colorful, only a few are plain. My skirts are mostly those preppy plaid types. I have the basic, classic tops – basic white top, plain black polo shirts and turtlenecks.

Then I also noticed I have a lot of vests, scarves and jackets that I can use to mix and match, or to layer my clothes. I usually wear these as cover ups, since I’m quite conservative. I’m fond of mixing and matching – they give an illusion that you have a lot of clothes, when in fact, you have only a few. It’s also a very creative thing to do.

I believe my wardrobe is timeless. No matter what era, the basics I own will be fashionable. The mixing and matching will be varied, of course, according to the trend and season.

If I had to add something to my wardrobe it’s… A LITTLE BLACK DRESS! How come I don’t have one? If I have to subtract something, it’s this:

I mean, how come I’m wearing brown! Brown is not me. Really not me.

Tantararan! *Drum roll*

And my style philosophy is…………….

It’s better to be a trendsetter than a follower - experiment!

Experiment! A true fashionable person takes risks. There are a lot of risks, but then you never know unless you try. It’s fun to mix and match, and enjoy the challenge of fashion.

XOXO, JOSIE.

(P.S. My Photoshop is not working! It somehow became buggy Huhu. I'm reduced to editing photos with Paint)


No comments:

Post a Comment