Thursday, July 9, 2009

Favorite Designers! Josie Lim.


During my early highschool days, when I was a teenage rebel who wears thick eyeliner and purple lip gloss, I looked up to Vivienne Westwood’s creations. I love her for bringing the punk look to couture.




Marc Jacobs’ designs appeal to me. He’s great - classic pieces intertwining with modern designs, the vintage look - it’s totally my taste in clothing. I just love his designs!





Christian Lacroix ‘s collections also suit my clothing personality. The wonderful colors of his collection always earn my applause - they're always bright and fun.




Roberto Cavalli’s great with his prints and patterns. I love how his works are detailed, at the same time, it gives off a good overall image.



My favorite classic designers are Christian Dior and Coco Chanel. I applaud them for the drastic change they did to women’s clothing – Dior for the New Look, Coco Chanel for infusing simplicity and masculinity to women’s fashion (the little black dress!). It's really inspiring how they managed to break free of the rules imposed on fashion during their eras.


I love my course! Thank you very much, Ms. Kitty, for your guidance.

XOXO, Josie.

No comments:

Post a Comment