Thursday, June 25, 2009

Reation for last Tuesday// CHOI, Han Na

Last Tuesday, we had the lecture about the relationship between clothing and culture. To be honest, I could not follow some parts of the lecture. It was hard for me to copy the power-point because I was at the back of the classroom and the font size of power point was small to recognize. Even though, it was interesting to know about other countries’ culture with pictures. I thought Korea has almost the same clothing culture with Chine. But I found out that we have different clothing culture. For China, to show the upper part of the body was not allowed but to show leg was okay. But in Korea, we did not accept to show both of them since our traditional clothes, Han Bok, hid all parts of our bodies.

After the class, group mates and I went to College of Fine Arts and other places for our group assignment. Some Fine Arts students wore unique clothing styles. I think the students were also enjoyed the interview. Our question was “How you dress up relates to your course?” Most of them said “No.” They wear what they want to and they express themselves by the way of wearing clothes. I agree with their opinions. I also prefer to wear the clothes which match with my image or appearance and not to follow the trend.

I think I have learned one thing important from the laboratory exercise which I mentioned earlier. To know my own style is really important in the way of not bothering others.

No comments:

Post a Comment