Monday, June 29, 2009

Mommy, mommy. We just like to party. - Josie Lim.


The photo above is my Mom during the 80s, during a time where she was about to go to a party. She is already married, but she still is pretty much a fashionista following the trends of the 80s. The hair consists of mall bangs with plenty of hairspray and waves curling down - the hair trend of the era. The dress is empire cut, with vertical stripes, and the hemline falls to the thighs. She herself made the crocheted vest. She wears black stockings with flowery details in them, plus she adorns her feet with black pumps. Mom accessorized her outfit with pearl jewelry.

I asked her why she chose that outfit. Mom said she wanted to stand out and look fashionable. She chose a dress falling below the knee since she is pretty much conservative. Mom also said that the crocheted vest and stockings are to make her feel warm, since it was December and the climate was pretty cold. The stockings are a must to prevent blisters that the black pumps might cause.

Around twenty years later, year 2008, I show up at my Highschool Graduation Party in this outfit.

The dress's hemline is above the knee. I wore fishnets for two reasons - one, to be fashionable, and two, to also prevent blisters in my feet. I also wore black pumps - but they're textured. I also wore pearl accessories! But this time, they're in the form of a layered necklace. My dress reminds me of the holes that my mom's crocheted vest has. I used to have really long hair, but I cut it off last March 2008 to follow in the trend of the Posh bob - and also because the weather was scorching hot.

The photos prove that my mom and I have the same taste when it comes to fashion, despite the generation gap between us.

This is a photo of Mom and me, during my cousin's wedding last year.

XOXO,Josie.

No comments:

Post a Comment