Tuesday, June 23, 2009

June 18th. Josie Lim.


APPEARANCE, IMPRESSIONS, AND PAULINA

Each person is unique. How a person acts, thinks, or feels are all part of the endless seam of uniqueness. This individuality manifests itself in physical presentation, and generates impressions

Since clothing is an impression-generating tool, it must be utilized well. Clothing is a powerful instrument that can be used in reaching a goal. What you wear matters, for example, if you want to be accepted at a prestigious job, or you want to be noticed by your crush, etcetera.

But then I believe clothes are just an empty display when not accompanied by the right attitude. The most expensive Valentino gown can turn dreary without the proper stance, the same way that the cheapest flea market find can look elegant with appropriate conduct.

With the personal profile activity, most guesses about me were correct, the same way that most of my hunches regarding my partner were correct. I guess it was because we had a lot in common. =) Haha.

Paulina – my partner and I drew her in a little black dress… a la Audrey Hepburn meets Angelina Jolie. We enjoyed pondering over how Paulina from Gwen Stefani’s song would look like.

I was amazed at the interpretations my classmates did. Each drawing was unique; however, they were linked with the common idea of a sexy Paulina.

P.S. I hope to be able to draw quickly, and more beautifully by the end of the sem.

Honestly we kinda did the personal profile activity wrong. We didn’t exactly follow the instructions due to a misunderstanding, umm… but anyway we managed to guess about each other in the end. Sorry.


XOXO.

No comments:

Post a Comment