Monday, June 29, 2009

Like mother, like daugher | Yana Santiago

Growing up, I became mommy's little girl. I remembered wearing her black pumps and applying her red lipstick when I was a little kid. Although we have a lot of differences, we have one thing in common: we love shopping. The old photo below is my mom with a couple of friends having the time of their lives at a party. She often tells me that she had those days where she needed to splurge for certain events but save like there's no tomorrow. She tells me that the trends are often recurring. From skinny jeans that was called 'baston' back then, to thick belts. Her fashion motivation is constantly changing because of the demands of her 'modeling' days. She needs to keep her wardrobe updated because of her frequent commitments. She proclaims that she has tried it all: the Farrah Fawcett signature curls, to the the Demi Moore 'bob'.


Becoming a mom has affected her way of dressing, but it did not hinder her from all the trends that passed by.



In a way, her fashion motivations were passed unto me. I love classic and simple finds. Although, I have perplexed thoughts that can be revealed by the way I dress and carry myself. I love bows, laces and anything that is girly but minimal. It maybe the reason why I am totally unaffected by trends or fads that wouldn't fit my personality.

Whatever style or 'fad' may conquer this world, we say, Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment