Sunday, June 21, 2009

061809 | Yana Santiago

We see them on fashion magazines. They are the modern ‘Helens’ whose faces launched thousands of billboards. They lure us with their unending legs, enchanting ardent looks and sparkling eyes. They make trends seem more voguish. The fashion world’s eyes are set on them. They are the hottest topics, they are supermodels. Paulina, according to a song by No Doubt, is one of them. She is the It-girl that everyone wants a little piece of.

In our CT 11 class, we got the chance to visualize this oh-so-glamorous Paulina. Upon reading the lyrics of the song, I depicted Paulina to be a wafer-thin being with a towering height. She has a short and sexy jet-black hair whose cheekbones are as high as they could get. She has those long dreamy legs. She doesn’t follow trends but creates them. Her varying looks, from trashy to classy, are every paparazzi’s favorite subject.

Honestly, I didn’t know how to put in papers my mental picture of Paulina. I sketch horrifically. As I sit in a room full of art-inclined people, I wonder if I can ever catch up with them. I stare in amazement while my classmates were presenting their sketches. I dream of at least having a decent sketch that could convey even a quarter of my ‘vivid’ imagination. But who really knows, maybe my CT classes could help me correct my stick-and-stones drawing, right? Positive thinking never fails. As a Chinese diplomat once said, How can one catch tiger cubs without entering a tiger’s lair?


No comments:

Post a Comment