Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Fashion Consultation | Tin Iglesias

The fashion consultation was rather exhausting yet very fun and instructive. Strenuous because throughout the first hour of my shift, my group barely had clients, and so Tine and I roamed around the campus to look for people who are interested. It was a good thing that the people who sought our help were very open-minded and involved. It was truly nice to see how most of them were especially inquisitive about the latest trends, styles and looks that are making a splash in the world of style. How most of them were incredibly eager to improve their style of clothing. That's why I did my best to give people advice that will help them attain what they want - whether it is to make a good impression, or merely to feel good about themselves. I honestly had difficulty in discussing to my clients their flaws and anything of that sort because I did not want to sound pretty rude. Flaws part aside; I think the whole activity was relatively easy and amusing. In view of the fact that I enjoy watching beauty and fashion makeover shows, I was able to somehow digest, take Tim Gunn's Guide to Style for example, the show's principles. How those principles can make a tremendous transformation for someone externally and internally. Also, Ms. Kitty was there to guide us(huge relief!), as well as my CT classmates.

After everything, I learned that it's essential for fashion consultants to be sensitive to others, respectful of people's individual tastes, body types, and lifestyles. Consultants should be tactful as well as tasteful and excellent communicators. Overall, I am glad that I was able to help a lot of people. I am looking forward to having activities similar to the fashion consultation in the future as I want to edify people the importance of clothing in improving their image and wellness; and to practice and enhance my skills moreover. Certainly, I had an awesome experience as a fashion consultant. Hurrah to CT! Sayang, I wasn't able to stay longer for Ms. Kitty's treat. (Natuloy ba miss?) Hahaha I kid! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment