Friday, August 28, 2009

ACLE | Tin Iglesias

The ACLE was so fun and edifying. I learned about reconstruction! Certainly, it is a great way to recycle instead of just throwing things out. I realized that almost anything can be turned into something else if you experiment enough. I think some people are put off with the notion of reconstructed clothing because they do not know where to start and they think it involves an immense amount of creativity and/or skill. But guest speakers Santi Obcena and Tracy Dizon from Project Runway Philippines Season 2 pointed out that with minimal crafting skills it is easy to turn old clothes you no longer wear into great new pieces. They both gave us guidelines to help us prevent the downhill spiral of disappointment while still allowing our creative juices to do it our own way.

Also, the speakers discussed some styling tips on how to look chic without spending a fortune. One of the easiest ways to update your look without having to spend a lot is through accessories. It can instantaneously convert outfits from average to extraordinary and from uninteresting to phenomenal fashion hits. They even shared to us some places where we can buy the most excellent materials for design and reasonably priced clothing pieces.

The activity thereafter was fun likewise! We did our own deconstruction and styling. It did not only allow me to apply what we learned, but it also was a way for me to bond and get to know my other course mates. It was awe-inspiring seeing everyone get innovative, altering their pieces to create a whole outfit. It was nice knowing one could construct a stylish outfit from too threadbare to wear anymore pieces. Now, I think I am more equipped and ready for more DIY projects! :)

x
Tin I.

No comments:

Post a Comment